Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Honey Prices


I know we have talked about buying fresh honey before on this blog, but wanted to get you the prices. You can take your own Mason jar (or whatever else you'd like to transport honey in) into Cox Honeyland and pay per pound. I called today and got the prices, here they are:

Cache Valley $2.50/pound
Clover $2.60/pound
Mountain ____ $3.00/pound

I don't have a brand preference. I just go with the cheapest. You are probably asking right now "well, is that a good deal?" During the case lot sale at Macey's just a month or so ago, I got a 5 lb. bottle of honey for $9.xx (almost $10). So, my view on it: Cox Honeyland is a decent deal, but not something you should rush out to get first thing tomorrow morning. If you run out of honey and want some, then yes I'd give them a try because generally honey is a little more expensive than that, but like I said, nothing to hurry and go get. The prices quoted above aren't a sale price, those are the everyday prices.

In a nutshell: When you are between case lot sales, go to Cox. But stock up on the sealed stuff from Macey's during the case lot sales-and get enough to last you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. Thanks for stopping by. When are you going to HI? Its cause I remind you of a tropical cool breeze sitting on a towel on the beach, while sipping some fresh pink lemonade....hahaha, ok that's what I wish I was doing right now. Well, miss you and hope all is well for you. BTW, what a great blog.

    ReplyDelete